Reservations & Check-In
1. Rental Reservation/Security Deposit. MUST BE 25 OR OLDER TO BOOK. Initial deposit applies to total amount due as a prepayment. It WILL NOT be refunded following your departure. The signed contract and deposit are due within 10 business days from the day the reservation is made. Signature constitutes authorization to charge the credit card on file for the deposit (30% of the base rental rate & $40 processing fee), unless another form of payment is requested in advance and received by the due date and authorizes us to charge the credit card on file for the remaining balance on or around 30 days prior to your arrival date for weekly/daily rentals and 60 days prior to arrival date for monthly rentals unless alternate payment type is requested in advance and received by said due date. Total rent plus optional trip insurance (which can be paid with initial security deposit/prepayment) must be paid at least 30 days prior to your arrival date. If the balance is not paid in full at least 30 days prior to your arrival date, either due to the credit card on file being invalid, declined or otherwise unaccepted, or other acceptable forms of payment are returned as non-payable, the reservation will be canceled and any collected monies will be forfeited. Should a personal check be returned for insufficient funds, a $35 fee will be added to your balance due and you will be notified to overnight certified funds. Any prepayments may be paid either by MasterCard, Visa, Discover or personal check. Pet Deposits collected on pet-friendly units will be returned by mail or credited back to the credit card on file within 14 business days from your departure provided there is no damage or additional cleaning to the unit. The Pet Fee is NOT refundable.
2. Check-In Time is from 3:00-5:00 PM. Check-out is 11:00 AM. Early arrivals must come to our office & NOT the rental unit. If arriving outside normal business hours, please notify us so we can make arrangements for after-hours key/key code pick up. Keys/key codes will be released as soon as the property has been cleaned & inspected. There is no guarantee that the property will be cleaned by 3 PM although every effort is made to insure that it is. If you find any cleaning or maintenance issues upon your arrival, please report them immediately so we can make every effort to correct them. There will be NO refunds made for cleaning issues unless reported immediately upon arrival. Check out time is no later than 11:00 a.m. There may be an extra charge to the credit card on file if departure is after 11:00 a.m.
3. REFUNDS ARE ONLY ISSUED FOR CANCELLATIONS OUTSIDE THE CANCELLATION DATE RANGE – 30 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL DATE FOR WEEKLY & DAILY RENTALS AND 60 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL DATE FOR MONTHLY RENTALS. Refunds do not include $40 processing fee and the cost of trip insurance if purchased.
4. We offer Optional “CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION” Trip Insurance, covering illness, injuries or mandatory hurricane evacuations. The cost of CSA Travel Protection is automatically indicated on your confirmation and can be purchased up until the date final payment is due (30 days prior to arrival or at the time of payment for last minute bookings). Please note that CSA Travel Protection CANNOT be added to your reservation after your final payment is made or if an active storm is located in the Gulf of Mexico. Details on trip insurance are available on our website or you may contact CSA Travel Protection at 866-298-6846. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED BY REED REAL ESTATE INSIDE THE 30/60 DAY CANCELLATION DATE RANGE FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ILLNESS, HURRICANE, OR SIMILAR EVENTS. YOU MUST HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE TO RECEIVE A REFUND WITHIN THIS TIME.
To see what is covered by your CSA policy, please see their coverage brochure HERE.
5. The units are fully equipped. Towels and sheets are provided. There is one towel and one wash cloth per number the unit sleeps. Additional towels may be purchased prior to arrival. There will be a charge to the credit card on file for lost or damaged sheets and towels. One complimentary roll of toilet paper and a small bar of soap are provided for each restroom. NO other soap and paper products are provided with your rental. Mid-week cleans are available and do include a new set of fresh towels. The price of this service varies due to the size of the house and the maximum occupancy.
6. NO HOUSE PARTIES, WEDDINGS OR RECEPTIONS are allowed unless pre-approved by Reed Real Estate & the property owner, additional charges and signed addendums are also required. Large gatherings that would over occupy or be detrimental to the property in any way will result in immediate eviction without a refund of rent and additional charges will be charged to the credit card on file. NO UNIT WILL BE RENTED TO VACATIONING STUDENTS / MUST BE AT LEAST 25 TO RENT. The person who’s name is on the contract must be present in the home. Any reservation made under false pretense will result in loss of rent and immediate eviction. The credit card on file will be charged for any additional cleaning or damage to the unit as well as any legal fees involved.
7. We allow pets in certain homes. Please contact our Reservations Department for a list of those properties. IF EVIDENCE OF A PET IS FOUND in a non-pet friendly unit, IT WILL CAUSE IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND LOSS OF UNUSED RENT. When bringing a pet, a pet addendum must be signed and returned to Reed Real Estate prior to your arrival. Your pet deposit will be refunded within 14 business days after departure as long as there is no damage or extra charges incurred by your pet. Additional information regarding our pet policies can be found on the Reed Real Estate pet addendum.
8. We reserve the right to correct any computational or clerical errors found on our website and other materials.
Cancelling or Changing Your Reservation
Reservations may be cancelled or changed any time prior to the final payment date (30 days prior to arrival for weekly rentals and 60 days prior for monthly rentals). Once inside the 30/60 day window, no changes may be made to the reservation. If you cancel before the 30/60 day window, you will receive a full refund minus a $40 processing fee and the trip insurance premium if purchased*.
REFUNDS ARE ONLY ISSUED FOR CANCELLATIONS MADE BEFORE THE CANCELLATION DATE RANGE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED BY REED REAL ESTATE INSIDE THE 30/60 DAY CANCELLATION DATE RANGE FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ILLNESS, HURRICANE, OR SIMILAR EVENTS. YOU MUST HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE TO RECEIVE A REFUND WITHIN THIS TIME.
*We offer Optional “CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION” Trip Insurance, covering illness, injuries or mandatory hurricane evacuations. The cost of CSA Travel Protection is automatically indicated on your confirmation and can be purchased up until the date final payment is due (30 days prior to arrival or at the time of payment for last minute bookings). Please note that CSA Travel Protection CANNOT be added to your reservation after your final payment is made or if an active storm is located in the Gulf of Mexico. Details on trip insurance are available above or you may contact CSA Travel Protection at 866-298-6846.
Bringing Your Pet to the Beach
In order to bring a pet to one of our homes, an additional refundable pet deposit of $100 per dog ($200 for larger dogs) and a non-refundable $50 pet fee is required. The deposit will be refunded 10 business days after your departure provided there is no additional cleaning or damages from your pet, and will be credited back to the card on file.
When bringing a pet, a pet addendum must be signed and returned to Reed Real Estate prior to your arrival. We also ask that you please abide by the following rules:
1. The pet can not be on ANY furniture or bedding at any time. 2. The pet must be on a leash when outside. Do not allow your pet to approach other people. Remember, not everyone is a pet lover. 3. You must clean up after your pet at all times, including on the beach. Dispose of the wastes properly. 4. The pet is not allowed in any outdoor common areas. 5. If your pet’s barking becomes a nuisance to other people, you will be asked to either board your dog or vacate the property immediately with no refunds. 6. Your pet should not be left alone if you suspect he/she will do damage to the unit. Crating your dog is the safest solution. 7. If there are any maintenance issues reported that need to be repaired, the maintenance technician will not go into the house if a pet is alone in the home. 8. Extra pet hair reported by housekeeping will result in an extra cleaning charge. This charge will be deducted from your pet deposit and is not covered by the $50 pet fee. 9. Pet stains or damage to the unit will be charged to the credit card on file. This is not covered by the $50 pet fee. 10. No Cats allowed in any of our units. NO EXCEPTIONS. Due to the protected beach mouse, cats are not permitted on the peninsula. 11. No more than two dogs are allowed in a property at one time.
PLEASE NOTE: NOT ALL OF OUR HOMES ARE PET FRIENDLY AND SOME HAVE WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS. IF EVIDENCE OF A PET IS DISCOVERED IN A NON-PET FRIENDLY UNIT (OR YOU HAVE NOT PAID THE PET FEE AND DEPOSIT), IT WILL CAUSE IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND LOSS OF UNUSED RENT.
Please contact our Reservations Department if you would like a list of pet friendly properties.
Your Privacy Rights